Sound is often overlooked and under-appreciated in our overwhelmingly visual, screen-based society. The Manchester Ear aim to get communities involved with listening to the environment on excursions in and around Manchester. We hope to foster greater involvement, understanding and appreciation for these places; exploring ideas of acoustic ecology, deep listening and highlighting the well-being benefits for those taking part in soundwalks.
Run by: Hayley Suviste & Ryan Woods
Click here for our Facebook and Instagram pages, to keep up to date with upcoming soundwalks and projects.
- Pomona Island, Manchester, UK (Date TBC)
- Hulme Community Garden Centre, Manchester, UK (April 2019).
- John Rylands Library, Manchester, UK (February 2019).
- Christmas Markets, Manchester, UK (December 2018).
- Fletcher Moss Park, Manchester, UK (November 2018).